Daily Roundup: April 10
By Beth Mechum
Apr 10, 2013
A lot of sports and sports media news and features today. Straight to the quick hits for April 10:
- UConn wins the NCAA Women’s Tournament for the eighth time with Geno Auriemma.
- Front page of the Hartford Courant celebrates the win.
- Move to the Big 10 could bring back eliminated sports for Maryland.
- Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown granted medical waiver.
- This years NCAA Tournament was the most-watched since 1994.
- Charles Barkley thinks he was overexposed at the tournament.
- Gene Wojciechowski went to China to report on the youngest golfer ever to qualify for the Masters.
- Major League Baseball will investigate the decline of African-Americans in the majors.
- Much-beloved baseball movie The Sandlot turned 20.
- How does Arnold Palmer order an Arnold Palmer?
- The Kansas Star hired Vahe Gregorian as its new sports columnist.
- On Tiger Woods’ swing.
- Tommy Tomlinson on the best women’s NCAA bowling team.
- Indianapolis Star is reporting that Cody Zeller will enter the NBA draft.