Social Media Editor, USA TODAY Sports Media Group
By Scott Greene
Social Media Editor
USA TODAY Sports Media Group
USA TODAY Sports Media Group is seeking a Social Media Editor with responsibility for expanding our audience across all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, et al. This position involves nights and weekends.
The social media editor must know instinctively what makes a story social in nature, understand the power of a good RT and know how to engage fans on Facebook. In addition, we’re looking for someone who can not only post social content, but create social content as well. Proficiency with programs like Audacity, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut and Photoshop is highly preferred. Familiarity with Google Hangouts, Spreecast and other social video platforms is also a plus.
If you excel at Tumblr gifs, run Vine like a champ and make awesome Instagram videos we want to see some of your work! Send us some links in your cover letter so we can be wowed.
- Expand our network exponentially by developing a distinct voice that engages our audience on all social platforms and extends our brand.
- Foster a better user experience on our social platforms by working closely with all of sports editorial.
- Drive more traffic from social platforms to USA TODAY Sports Media Group properties.
- Spotlight our best assets from across the entire USA TODAY Sports Media Group and share important metrics with entire group.
- Ability to understand our audience and adapt to changing habits.
- Master and develop analytic tools to make informed decisions in the social arena.
- Work closely with marketing on campaigns that will engage our users.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of digital journalism experience.
- Clear understanding and passion for social media.
- Proven success with building an audience on social media platforms, especially Facebook and Twitter.
- Sports junkie that understands what clicks.
- Ability to analyze metrics, especially in the social space.
- Savvy across all platforms with skills to share stories visually as well (video, photo, etc.).
- Great communicator who also can work closely with sales, marketing, digital.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE.